This page is a part of the Tompkins Co., NYGenWeb Site. Not for commercial use. All Rights Reserved.
This early nineteenth century cemetery was located
on land now known as 600; it is owned by the Crispell family. The 600 Road is about
one mile north of Slaterville Springs. It was on what is now known as the "back hill lot"
reached by a steep dug road that started in back of a barn. This property was then
in the town of Dryden, but is now in Caroline.
Only two stones were found, leaning against a tree in a thicket.
In 1853, three families lived near the cemetery: Lattimer, Roosa, and Gosso. Speaking with
the landowner of today, she said that at one time they had found a few headstones up against
a tree by the hedge and when they went back, the stones were gone. There is no sign left of
this cemetery or how many others are buried there. This record is as complete as possible at this time.
Please use Notes as a guide only!
|Freer||Sarah, wife of Cornelius Freer||d. March 28, 1843, ae 70y 11m 24d|
|Lattimer||Adelade, dau. of Alexander & Nellie Lattimer, who departed this life||d. September 12, 1839.|
"A lovely babe, so young and fair".
(The remainder is defaced).
You are our
visitor since March 8, 2003.
(Originally created November 12, 2001.)
Thanks for stopping by!
Copyright by Janet M. Nash and Johnna Armstrong
for the contributors of the material on these pages.
All Rights Reserved.